Seamless roofing systems are quite possibly the most popular type of roofing system on the market today. Why? There are a whole host of reasons, but here are a few of the most important.
- No Seams. Though clearly implied from the name, seamless roofing eliminates seams in your roofing system. The value lies in the fact that the highest risk for failure in your roofing system are those pesky seams. By eliminating them, the risk of developing a leak is greatly reduced.
- Repair Reduction. Regardless of the type of seamless roofing system you choose, application of that system requires no fasteners. Seamless roofing systems are self-adhering, which eliminates the risk of fasteners backing out and requiring replacement.
- Reduced Energy Loss. The seamless nature of seamless roofing eliminates the loss of energy, in the form of both heating and cooling, through those seams.
- Energy Efficiency. Many seamless roofing systems offer solar reflection technology. By reflecting up to 85% of the sun’s rays away from the roof, it has been shown you can see savings of up to 50% on your buildings cooling costs.
- Ease of Installation. Seamless roofing systems are quick and easy to install, going right over your existing roofing system. This reduces the potential risk of downtime and loss of income for your business.
- Longevity. A quality seamless roofing system, professionally installed, can add years to the life of your existing roofing structure. Additional years directly correlates to additional cost savings for you.
As you can see, there are many compelling benefits to a seamless roofing system.
How Does a Seamless Roofing System Work?
Perhaps this is your first experience with the concept of a seamless roofing system. No worries, we’re here to walk you through the process and show you why a seamless system may be the best way to go for your commercial building.
Though there are many different types of seamless systems available, they all share the same primary steps.
- Inspection. Your existing roofing system and the underlying structure is carefully examined for points of failure or needed repairs. These must be addressed to ensure the maximum return on your investment in your new seamless roofing system.
- Prep. Depending on the type of seamless roofing system you select, your commercial roof will then be “prepped”. Any existing seams will be covered with fabric reinforced materials to eliminate that seam. Protrusion attachments will similarly be covered, ensuring no risk of adhesion loss in those areas. The entire roof will be coated with an adhering layer (if necessary) to ensure the seamless system goes on smoothly.
- Application. The roofing system is then either rolled or sprayed on (depending on the type of system) in a single, seamless coating. The amount of time necessary for application and full drying is dependent upon the type of system and weather.
Admittedly, this is a simple explanation of the entire process. For more information on how a seamless roofing system can benefit your commercial roof, call our friendly VM Commercial Roofing professionals at 937-742-4577. We will schedule a consultation at your convenience and, working together, find the best possible solution for your commercial roofing system.